How do I switch my HP printer from offline to online?
Sometimes, you open the printer menu and notice a warning saying “Printer Offline.” You may easily and quickly restore your printer’s functionality with a few easy tests and processes.
When printing, this can happen. The printer seems to be offline to the device or computer, but it is turned on and ready to print.
It might be due to a communication failure between your device or computer and the printer.
It might be as easy as your cable not being correctly plugged or a simple issue caused by a paper jam.
However, an “Offline” printer error can also be caused by issues with your printer driver or software. It might vary depending on the age of your printer and whether or not you have loaded updates.
This printer offline to online troubleshooting tool is compatible with various printers, including Brother, Canon, Epson, HP, and many more.
Making Offline Printer Show As Online Again:
Follow each step to guarantee you haven’t overlooked everything while converting your offline printer to online.
Checks for Physical Printers and Cables:
Check that both ends of the USB cable are securely inserted. If the printer is networked, ensure that the Ethernet wire is securely installed. If the printer is wireless, check your internet connection or make sure it is linked to your network.
If you’re connected by cable, try plugging the printer cord into several ports or sockets on your device.
To ensure that the problem is not only with the cable, try a different one. If you’re using a network or a wireless device, an easy test would be to connect a wire to your computer/or device to ensure your printer is operational. As a result, the issue might be with your network connection.
Manually Setting The Printer Online:
- Go to the Start button in the lower-left corner of your screen, select Control Panel, then Devices and Printers.
- Select “See what’s printed” by right-clicking the printer in question.
- Choose “Printer” from the menu bar at the top of the window.
- From the drop-down box, choose “Use Printer Online.”
Removing All Pending Print Jobs:
- Right-click and “Cancel” any print jobs appearing in the previously stated “See what’s printing” menu.
- Select “Use Printer Online” once more once the print jobs have been deleted.
- If any faulty print jobs remain, restart both your computer and printer.
Taking Out and Reinstalling Your Printer:
- Select “Remove device” by right-clicking the printer in Devices & Printers.
- Select the Add a Printer option from Devices and Printers to re-add the printer.
Another way of getting your printer back online:
Take the following steps:
- To attempt to connect your printer to the internet. Navigate to “Settings,” then “Printers.” Select “Use Printer Online” from the printer’s context menu.
- Check for print jobs and clear them. Double-click on the printer you want to use.
- Select “Cancel All Documents” from the “Printer Menu.”
- If there was a printer jam or job, the printer may display an error and become offline.
- To get the printer back online, try printing again. To determine if the error has been addressed, print a test page.
- Locate the printer and set it to “printer off,” then turn it back on.
- Examine the printer to check if there is a jam that might cause an error.
- Check all network and wireless connections to ensure that they are all operational. Restart the device or computer if necessary.
You may have to reinstall the drivers if this process does not work.
Reinstalling The Drivers:
To reinstall the drivers, follow the following process:
- navigate to “Settings,” then “Printers,” and choose the printer.
- Right-click the printer and select “Properties.”
- Look for the driver button under “General” or “Details,” choose it, and then pick the driver again.
- You may also need to get the driver from the printer’s manufacturer’s website.
- Install the printer again. Return to the “Settings” menu and choose the printer under “Printers.”
- Remove the printer from the list and reinstall it using the “Add a printer” process.
- Use the most recent printer driver available from the printer manufacturer’s website.
If this process also does not work, then here are some simple steps that you can try.
- Select the “Devices & Printers” folder after clicking “Start.” Alternatively, in the open search box, type “Devices, and Printers.” Alternatively, type “Printers” to access the printer settings menu.
- Right-click the printer icon and choose Properties. It might be labeled as a component of the device or printer name. If you’re not sure, check your device. Select “See What’s Printing” from the drop-down menu.
- Alternatively, left-click the printer and select “Manage Device.”
- Go to the “Printer” menu in the new window and uncheck “Use Printer Offline.” Any items in your printer’s print queue will then be printed.
These steps mentioned above can help you get your printer online back.
You can also get printers of high quality from Acom Distributors anywhere in Pakistan. Feel Free to contact us if you have any queries.