QuickBooks is an accounting software that’s widely used globally. it’s transformed thousands of companies. However, sometimes users face errors while operating this software. One such error is QuickBooks Error 6123. it always arises while opening, upgrading or restoring company get into QuickBooks desktop. If you see a slip-up message on your screen which reads “Error 6123 We‘re sorry, but QuickBooks can’t open your company file”, then this blog is for you.
One of the most effective ways to eliminate QuickBooks Error 6123 from your system is to consult about it with a licensed specialist. Dial +1-855-856-0042 to urge quick and reliable support anytime, anyday.
Common Reasons for QuickBooks Error Message 6123
As mentioned above, QuickBooks Error Message 6123 usually pops up while opening, upgrading or restoring company come in QuickBooks desktop.
This error can even appear if the user opens company file from Windows Explorer. Therefore, you want to make sure that you open your company file only from QuickBooks and not from Windows Explorer.
Effective Methods to Eliminate QB Error 6123
Here are the reliable methods to eliminate QB Error 6123:
Method 1: Run the QuickFix My Program to urge obviate QB Error Message 6123
For using this method, you would like to follow these steps:
Step 1: Download and Install the most recent version of QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Close the QuickBooks desktop.
- Download the most recent version (22.214.171.124) of QuickBooks Tools Hub on your system.
- Save the file where you’ll easily locate it like your desktop, Downloads folder etc.
- Open the file which you’ve got just downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe)
- Follow all the steps to put in the tools hub and accept all the terms and conditions.
- After the installation process is finished, open the tool hub.
Step 2: Open and run the QuickFix My Program on your system
- Open the tools hub and click on on the Program Problems icon.
- Now you’ll see the QuickFix My Program icon. Click and run it.
- After the run is finished, open your QuickBooks desktop again.
- Verify if your error has been eliminated.
If you continue to see QB Error 6123, advance to the subsequent method.
Method 2: Repair Company file by running File Doctor
File Doctor is capable of fixing the common errors. you ought to follow these steps:
- Open the QuickBooks tool hub.
- Click on the corporate File Issues icon.
- Now click on the Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- You can now select your company file by using drop-down option. If you can’t find your file, you’ll be able to look for it using the Browse option.
- Choose the choice Check Your File then click on Continue.
- Now enter your QuickBooks admin password and choose continue.
- File Doctor will now start repairing your file.
- After the repair is finished, choose your company from the list.
- Now click on the Open QuickBooks icon.
If you’ll open your file, your error is resolved. you ought to now create a backup of your company file.
If you continue to see the error, you must not worry because your data are going to be safe.
Method 3: Restore your company file from Winchester drive
If you see Error 6123 while restoring your company file from backup, follow these steps:
- Move the computer file to the local drive.
- You can now restore your company file from a backup.
Method 4: Creating Portable Company File to revive the corporate File
If you see this error while restoring the backup on a replacement system, follow these steps:
- Open the QuickBooks desktop on the identical system which you accustomed create the backup company file.
- Now open your original company file.
- You should now create a transportable copy (.qbm) of your company file.
- Now open QuickBooks on a brand new computer.
- You should now restore your company file (.qbm) using the portable copy.
In this blog, we discussed about the QuickBooks Error 6123. We also learned about various methods to induce eliminate this error. it’s important to follow all the steps within the correct sequence to eliminate this error.
If you need further assistance, be happy to achieve intent on our experts by dialing +1-855-856-0042.