Computers have advanced to a point where life is easier and more straightforward. We are surrounded by technology and software is used for all of the functions in an organization such as accounting. This software comes with various benefits that makes it easier for many people to do their business seamlessly and quickly. With QuickBooks, you can access your accounting software anytime, anywhere. It’s available in a wide array of versions and with lots of features to ensure you’re getting the best deal for your needs. But the only con of this software is that it is prone to errors that can occur during installation, up gradation or re-installation. If you have issues with a file, we can help you fix the errors.
Some QuickBooks errors are so frustrating and annoying that user becomes unable to operate it. This may also lead to the loss of company files and momentous business information. In this article we have discussed all about QuickBooks Error code 3371, why this error occurs, what are possible causes of this error and how we can resolve this error by own.
Note: This is an error that many QuickBooks users encounter. When this error occurs you may get error messages like “QuickBooks Error 3371, Status Code 11118” or “QuickBooks Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data“.
What is QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
QuickBooks error 3371 usually occurs when a user re-configure the desktop computer or activate the QuickBooks for the very first time. Also this error may occur due to missing or damaged company files. QuickBooks errors includes QuickBooks Error Code 6000, Error -6000 -83 Code. QuickBooks Error -6000 -82, QuickBooks -6130-0, QB Error -6000 -301, QuickBooks Error 6123-0, QuickBooks Error -6000 -77, QB Error -6000 -304 and more. Among all, Error 3371 is a specific error to QuickBooks Enterprise and when it occurs, it displays ‘Could not initialize license properties’.
When you activate or open QuickBooks Desktop, you see one of these error messages –
Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.
- When you will click on OK, it will display you another dialog box: It will be showing QuickBooks Fatal Error with the following message.
The image as shown below is similar which appears on your desktop.
- Now, when you again click on OK here, it will just close the window. We know it’s a frustrating error and you may get trouble while opening the QuickBooks.
Why QuickBooks Error Code 3371 Occurs?
It can be understood that Intuit has made compulsory to have license information saved on your hard drive. By chance, if that information, file, or license data gets damaged, corrupted or missing then you can encounter QuickBooks error code 3371. This also occurs in the process of cloning of data on the c:/ drive to another hard disk. In such case, it becomes mandatory to re-type your license information to get this issue solved.
There are many reasons for this error to occur and those can be solved with expert’s guidance. The reasons can be one or more of the following:
- The file or component required by QuickBooks Desktop to run is either damaged or missing.
- Due to Qbregistration.dat: This installation file contains your license information. Intuit search for this particular file, every time it is active. By any means, if the file is not working properly or its damaged, QuickBooks Desktop will not open.
- As for damaged MSXML component: MSXML is an essential component that is provided by Microsoft. It is needed by QB desktop to run on your system. This component helps QuickBooks Desktop to retrieve the information in the QBregistration.dat file allowing QB to open. If this gets damaged, it can cause difficulties in accessing this accounting software.
- Interruption of Anti-Virus: The Outdated Windows OS or an anti-virus program that quarantines some QuickBooks Desktop files.
- Right Networks and QuickBooks Enterprise with WebConnect users: QB users may also experience this issue if they are opening the company file without saving it first. They must first save the file before importing the .QBO file.
- This may happen while you try to open the file without saving it. Thus, it is advised to save the .QBO file before you import it.
There are some important points that you should take note of:
- Your QuickBooks installation process can fail or get damaged if the latest windows updates are not installed in your system. Thus, you must ensure that the latest version is up to date.
- If you are facing all the same errors even after following all the solutions. Then you are required to work with a qualified IT professional or you can contact Microsoft support to resolve your queries related to Windows Operating System.
Steps to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
This will help you to understand shortly all about the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118. However, you can also check the below given steps in order to solve this error swiftly.
Following are the latest solution methods to resolve the QuickBooks error code 3371:
Solution 1: Update your Windows OS
Important Note: If the latest Windows updates are not installed, the QuickBooks Desktop installation can fail or become damaged. Ensure Windows is up to date.
Below are the steps that you can follow for the Windows update:
- Click the ‘Windows logo‘.
- Select ‘All Program‘ and click ‘Windows Update‘ option.
- After installing the updates, just click ‘Install QuickBooks‘.
Most of the cases, after following the first method the error get resolved. However, if the error still persists after following the first method then below we have provided more fixation methods.
Solution 2: Delete the ECML file and Rename Entitlement file
The symptoms are usually arises and when a user will open your company file in QuickBooks accounting software, this failed to open it & resolves when attempting by doing repairing or installation gets failed due to improper method. It promptly asks for a mysterious html file.
- On your keyboard, hold down the Windows key + R key to run the file. It will open a Run window.
- In that window type or copy C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and then enter it there (or the appropriate location on your system where QuickBooks saves entitlement information)
- Then give one click to the OK key button. This will open Window Explorer at that location.
- A user will easily locate the ecml file, then give a right-click on it and now select the delete option to resolve the error 3371
- Close this window and then try to re-run your QuickBooks software.
- You will be asked to register the product again, if failed to done.
Though there are a number of solutions available on the web but you must go with the most reliable ones. You can take suggestions from the experts or assign this work to them.
Below are the steps to resolve error if you are a Windows XP user.
- Click ‘Start‘ and choose ‘Run‘ option.
- Then type the following command into the ‘Open field‘:
- C://Documents and ‘Settings All Users‘ Application DataIntuitEntitlement Clientv2
(Please note that you may have more than one ‘V’ folder, so it is better to look for the current one)
- Then, Click ‘OK‘ button
- Now ‘delete the Entitlement DataStore.ecml file‘ or you can also rename it to resolve the issue.
Solution 3: Install latest windows updates
If the problem is still appears after following the above steps then you need to perform these easy given steps.
- First of all, install the windows latest updates, then click on the Start key button.
- After that Choose all programs and then update your windows.
- Then hit a click on to update option and click on it to check for latest updates.
- After getting a successful updation, you need to reinstall your QuickBooks once again.
After attempting all the actions discussed above, you should have resolved the error. Incidentally, if the trouble still exists, do the steps below.
- Fix common installation errors using the QuickBooks Component Repair Tool.
- Perform a clean install.
Solution 4: Download QuickBooks tool hub and use Quick fix my program
- The user is first close QuickBooks desktop.
- And then, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your system
- The next step is to select Quick Fix My Program option
- Followed by selecting installation issues and look for Error 3371 to fix the error
- Once done with that, click on OK tab.
- The last step is to open the QuickBooks and open the data file
This tool will automatically resolve license, validation, and registration errors in QuickBooks desktop to recreate the damaged file.
Solution 5: Run QuickBooks install diagnostic tool from tool hub program
- Open tool hub program on your server computer
- After that navigate to the Installation Issues and choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and run it
- Now let the tool run it and wait for few mins
- Once the tool finishes reboot your computer
Solution 6: Manually resolve this error
For resolving the error, just follow the below steps that is described as:
- First of all, recreate damaged entitlementDataStore.ecml file and resolve the license & resolving registration glitches
- Then fix Microsoft.NET Framework, MSXML, & C++ pitfalls by using QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Now reinstall by doing a clean installation
- Run reboot.file
- Update your QuickBooks to latest release
I hope the above given steps are beneficial for you and you have now successfully resolved QuickBooks error code 3371. However, if still the error persists or you are not able to use your software, then seek professionals help directly by contacting our QuickBooks premier support team at +1-801-383-0163. Our experts and certified professionals will help you in fixing the error without any further hassle. Thus, do not hesitate in calling us anytime. Our team will be happy to help you!